How to Link Aadhaar to Pension Accounts: Getting a reliable retirement amount built should be considered as an essential facet of financial planning. This helps in looking after all the financial requirements for retirement as well as helps in witnessing a happy life after retirement with no hassle at all. It has become mandatory for citizens to link their Aadhaar card with all the important documents like mobile numbers, bank accounts, passports and so on. This is mainly because the majority of the funded schemes by the government along with the benefits have roots in it.
How to Link Aadhaar to Pension Accounts
Linking the 12-digit Aadhaar card number to one’s pension account will help in making it simpler for the government officials to get all the required details verified. One can link their Aadhaar card to EPF account as well as NPS account. Here is a guide to link the Aadhaar card number to EPF account online:
- The applicant should use the UAN number and password details for logging to the EPFO Unified EPF Portal.
- Then they should select the ‘KYC’ option from the drop-down
- After selecting the KYC option, some options will be provided for filling up the bank details, passport, ration card, PAN details, driving license, Aadhaar card number, election card details and so on.
- After this, the applicant needs to look for a section where they need to enter the Aadhaar card number along with the name printed on the Aadhaar card.
- In this way, the process will get completed, and the applicant will be able to view the pending KYC option.
- The details will be verified and then approved by the government officials after which, the Aadhaar status will be shown in the ‘Approved KYC’ section.
Also, the EPFO has started this Aadhaar and EPF linking process offline. The applicant must fill up the EPF Aadhaar Seeding Application Form with all the required details and then submit it to the EPFO office to the concerned officials. In addition to this, self-attested copies of PAN, Aadhaar card, and UAN need to be provided. After submission, Aadhaar card will be linked to EPF account along with the receiving a mail or a message on mobile.
Linking Aadhaar Card to the NPS (National Pension Scheme) Account
NPS or the National Pension Scheme Account is a saving scheme of voluntary retirement, designed for enabling systematic savings at the time of an individual’s work life. NPS’s objective is providing a secure and comfortable living after retirement to the Indian citizens.
The Indian government has made it compulsory for retired citizens to link their Aadhaar card to their pension accounts, NPS account being one of them. It is easy for the NPS account holders for accessing their account through online systems. This is much better and easier than visiting the NPS office and survives in the long queues. Through online, pension subscribers can have a look at their account status just by logging into the official website of NPS.
Here are the steps for linking Aadhaar card to NPS account:
- The applicant must visit the website www.cra-nsdl.com and log into their account.
- Then he must click the button of ‘update details’ option and further select the option of edit/add Aadhaar number and finally enter their Aadhaar card number carefully.
- Before clicking on the submit button, the applicant will receive an OTP on the UIDAI registered mobile number. This is done solely for On completion of this, one will be able to see their PRAN or Permanent Retirement Account Number linked to their Aadhaar card. This PRAN is another unique number that is provided to the subscribers by NPS and will never change.
Linking Aadhaar has become a necessity, and it should be done immediately as per government’s request to enjoy various rights offered to the citizens. The linking procedure is easy and convenient and demands concentration to fill in the right details and not face any hassle in the completion of the entire process.
Related posts are: