How to Link Aadhar Card with PAN: Do you want to link Aadhar Card with PAN? Are you finding the correct method to link Aadhar Card with PAN? Then your search completes here, we will provide you all complete information on How to link Aadhar Card with PAN.
For those who don’t know, Aadhar is a 12-Digit Unique Identification Number issued to all the Citizens of Country based on their Demographic and Biometric Data. The Government of India provides a wide range of services to all the Citizens possessing Aadhar Card. Here is the step By Step Guideline to Apply for AADHAR CARD REGISTRATION.
Why should you link Aadhar Card with PAN?
Due to following reasons, you should link Aadhar Card with PAN.
- As per the new rules by all the Government, all the Taxpayers have to compulsory link PAN Card with Aadhar in order to file Income Tax Returns.
- Also, one should link Aadhar Card with PAN in order to remove the fraudulent cases from the country. By this, all the Individuals possessing multiple PAN Card will be identified.
- As per the new rules, all the people who want to apply for new PAN Card must possess an Aadhar Card. However, the Supreme Court has given relief to all the people who don’t possess an Aadhar Card. But, all the people who have applied for Aadhar Card, but not yet received the Aadhar Card, they have compulsory provide their Enrolment Number.
- If your Aadhar Card is not linked to your PAN, your Income Tax form would not be processed.If Aadhar is linked with PAN, the user will receive summarized details of all the taxes which are charged on him for future purposes.
- All the people who want to link Aadhar Card with PAN must follow the simple procedure described below.
How to link Aadhar Card with PAN?
There are basically two options to link Aadhar Card with PAN:
- Link Aadhar Card with PAN Online
- Link Aadhar Card with PAN using SMS
Link Aadhar Card with PAN Online
Follow the simple steps given below to link Aadhar Card with PAN:
- First of all, visit the Official website of Income Tax E-Filling Portal. Login with your Account.
- Now, you will be able to see a link called “Link Aadhaar” in the Profile Settings, click on that link.
- As soon as you click on that link, you will be redirected to the other page, where you have to enter your PAN, Aadhaar Number, and Name as mentioned in the Aadhar.
- Lastly, you have to enter the Captcha as shown in the image. However, for all the visually Challenged users, there is an option of OTP. Lastly, click on Link Aadhar.
Hence, you will receive a message showing that your Aadhar Card is linked with PAN Successfully.
Link Aadhar Card with PAN using SMS
In order to link, Aadhar Card with PAN, follow the instructions given below:
Enter the message as given below:
UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhaar><10 digit PAN> and then send the SMS to 567678 or 56161.
After this, your Aadhar Card will be linked with your PAN. You will receive a message on your registered mobile number that Aadhar Card is linked with PAN Card Successfully.
Thus by following any of the above two procedure, you will be able to link Aadhar Card with PAN.
What is the Deadline to Link Aadhar to PAN?
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) recently extended the last date of linking Aadhar with Permanent Account Number from March 31st, 2018 to June 30th, 2018. The Government in one of the statement said Aadhar Card is compulsory for filing Income Tax Returns and for Obtaining a New PAN.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t have Aadhar. Can I e-file my Income Tax Return?
– Yes, you can file IT return, however, it will not be processed until your Aadhar is linked with PAN. If you have enrollment number, you can link it to your PAN and then your e-return will be processed this year. But for further processes, you have to compulsory link Aadhar with PAN.
Do NRIs have to provide Aadhar while filing Income-Tax Returns?
NRIs don’t have to provide Aadhar while filing Income Tax Return.
Do I have to Link Aadhar Card with PAN, if my Income is below taxable limits?
Yes, even if your Income is below taxable limits, you have to link Aadhar Card with PAN. If you don’t your PAN card will be deactivated.
What kind of benefits will I receive after linking Aadhar Card with PAN?
– You will get summarized details of the tax charged on you in the particular financial year and also it will be easier for you to file Income Tax Returns.
In which cases, Aadhar-PAN linking not compulsory?
You don’t need to link Aadhar Card with PAN in following cases:
– You are a Non-resident-Indian (NRI).
– Residents belonging to Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir.
– Senior Citizens who are 80 years of age in the particular financial year.
Is it compulsory to create an account on the department website?
All the taxpayers have to compulsory create an account on the Income Tax E-filing Portal.
What details should I check before linking Aadhar Card with PAN?
Please check your name, gender, and date of birth before linking your Aadhar Card with PAN. If you find any errors then correct it as soon as possible.