Link Voter ID with Aadhar: Do you want to link your Aadhar Card with Voter ID Card? If yes, then you have reached the right place. Here, we will provide you all the necessary steps to Link Voter ID with Aadhar.
The Government of India is Aadhar Card as the main Unique ID which should be linked to all the other cards in order to get benefits from various schemes. By linking Aadhar Card with Ration Card, PAN Card, Bank Account, etc. Government want to track records of all the transactions that are made by the citizen.
Voter ID is issued to all the citizens of India who are 18 years or above. Every citizen possessing Voter ID Card has a right to vote. While there are some entities who misuse this right and issue more than one Voter ID to a single individual. In order to remove this, Government of India is taking essential steps by linking Individuals Voter ID to their Aadhar Card.
Link Voter ID with Aadhar
Why link Voter ID with Aadhar?
As we all know, Aadhar Card is the most important document in order to perform various daily tasks in the bank or at an important place. This new initiative is taken so that government will be able to identify the real voters and will be able to remove all the duplicate or fraud voters.
With the help of this new rule, Government will be able to detect any of the duplicate voters and also there will be accurate information on the Electoral roll. When a Citizen will link Voter ID with Aadhar, Government will also get extra information such as Mobile Number, and E-mail ID.
How to link Voter ID with Aadhar Card?
You can link Voter ID with Aadhar Online or Offline. There are several ways by which you will be able to link Aadhar Card with Voter ID. They are as follows:
Link Voter ID with Aadhar Online
1. First of all, Visit the Official website of NVSP, then you have to click on “Search your name in Electoral Roll”.
2. Now, you will be redirected to another website.
3. Here, you have to enter various details such as Name, Father/ Husband’s name, Age, DOB, Gender, etc. Lastly, enter the Captcha code and then click on search.
4. Now, you will see an option called “Feed Aadhar Number”.
5. Here, you have to enter various details such as EPIC (Voter ID Number), Aadhar Number, Email ID, and Mobile Number.
6. Verify all the details and then click on submit.
7. As soon as your process is complete, you will view a notification which says that your Aadhar Number with EPIC was registered successfully.
Link Voter ID with Aadhar via SMS (Offline)
In order to link Voter ID with Aadhar Offline, you have to send the SMS from your mobile in the following format.
ECILINK <EPIC_Number>space<Aadhar_Number> and then send the SMS to “161 OR 52969”.
As soon as your Aadhar is linked with Voter ID, you will receive an SMS.
Link Voter ID with Aadhar through Phone Call
The Government of India has made dedicated call centers to link Voter ID with Aadhar. You just have to make a call in order to link Aadhar Card with Voter ID.
Make a Simple Call to 1950 from 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM on Weekdays. Provide your Aadhar Number and Voter ID Number and thus, your Aadhar Card will be linked with Voter ID.
Other Ways to link Aadhar Card with Voter ID
– Link your Aadhar Card with the Voter ID by submitting essential details to the Booth Level Officer. Booth Level Officer will provide a door-to-door service and your information will be recorded.
– Apart from this, you can also submit details to AERO/ EROs via Voter Facilitation Centers, e-Seva centers, and special camps which are being authorized by DEOs
That’s it for all
Thus, by following any of the above processes, you will be able to link Aadhar Card with Voter ID. If you liked this article, then please share it with your friends and followers.